Forum Home Forum Home > Legacy Products > SalesCart Standard / PRO / SQL
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedMultiple products add cart one time?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Direct Link To This Post Topic: Multiple products add cart one time?
    Posted: June/18/04 at 11:45pm
I am concerned that I am not able to add multiple products to the cart at one time.. I am sure there must be way.. Becuase many of the best ecommerce sites out there, would rather list all there "availble options" for a particular products, or like the available sizes instead of having the user click on each and then "add to basket" There must be a way to have a text box next to each color for example and then ONLY ONE "Add to basket" at the bottom..

If salecart does not support this, then some adjustment needs to be done if they want to stay in the shopping cart insudstry and true professionals.
Andy Holmes View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/22/04 at 7:21am
A quick way to do this is to just postpone the checkout till later.

I gave this a great deal of thought myself as one of my sites sells embroidered clothing- obviously there are lots of choices per garment.

In the end I decided that the old one at a time route is probably not a bad thing. If say 2 large Blue polos are selected the user goes to view1.asp- as soon as they click continue shopping they go back to the polo shirt page and can add in more in different sizes and colours. If they wack everything in at once there is scope for problems which need to be unpicked- this is probably going to mean deleting the whole entry and starting over.

If you really want to do this there is going to be some code fiddling that needs to be done. Try posting in the bid section- I am sure that someone can help you out if you don't mind paying out a little.
Techno Geek View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Evil monkey living in my closet!

Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/22/04 at 8:41am
Ricky11 what other websites are you referring to? I've never seen a shopping that allows a number of items to be added a the same time.
Techno Geek
Customer Support Engineer
ComCity and SalesCart Technical Support
Ricky11 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/22/04 at 9:32am
Will there are numerous industry ecommerce sites that are generating hundrends of thouseand of dollars in online sales.. These are mostly for garments stores which have multiple attributes, even open source code such as oscommerce has tackled this already.. Just so you know I know what i am talking about, you once gave my website 5 stars about 2 years ago for frontpage. That was with the basic pro package, since then the shopping cart business has changed, and i have spent a long time figuring out the best cart options out there, I once also created my own paypal plugin for salescart becuase i found your to be unstable. I have currently taken our website offline becuase we are looking for a more higher end package than can handle our multiple attributes at one time. Andy Holmes comment about postponing checkout is not what we are looking for. I have been around on this forum since it was a newsgroup 3 years ago, so have followed all the changes since version 2.0 Anyway there are many sites that have only one "add to cart" at the end of a list of options, but here is one very popular company called linens and things which i am sure you have heard about.

follow this link

http://www.lnt.com/product/index.jsp?productId=1434840&cp=13 32242&parentPage=family

Can this be done in salescart... without having the postpone option.
Admin Group
Admin Group

Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/23/04 at 8:50am
That feature could be done in SalesCart with changing the code but it is not something that we are going to offer yet. We're basing the feature on customer demand so if there is a great demand for a feature, then we'll consider it.

PS. I tried going to the link, it's just a blank page.
Techno Geek
Ricky11 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/23/04 at 9:06am
The session probabaly experied.

If you want to see an example, just go to www.lnt.com and try to click on a tablecloth or garment that has many options you will then see it is possible to add multiple products to the cart at one time.
PamC View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/21/04 at 6:45pm
There's also a really nice feature on www.officedepot.com where they use a "quick order" form. You simply type in the item number, any comments, and the order quantity and then add multiple items to your cart at a time. I would love to have the ability to add multiple items to the shopping cart from the search results page and also by using a form like Office Depot's quick order form. In fact, these are features that my company is requiring in the upgrades we are planning to make to our site. I've been a SalesCart customer for about five years now and my company's needs have unfortunately outgrown the functionality offered by SalesCart.
Ricky11 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/21/04 at 7:22pm
True...

I am working on something.. So far I have been able to get a repeated number of textboxes and have to make changes to shop1.asp to allow for the code to get QUANTITY from a number of textboxes instead of one.. However I would prefer if salescart can add a patch or a option for this.

It is a mainstream function in the shopping cart industry that only salescart is lacking.
chrisredco View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/22/04 at 10:55am
I must say I haven't run into this on many e-commerce sites, but having tried it on the links mentioned here, it is a mighty nice option to have. It would certinly make shopping at a Salescart site much better without having to delay the shopping cart view or having to do the "back and forth and back, etc." option that exists now.

Put me down as a vote towards developing this as an option.
Ricky11 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/22/04 at 7:16pm
Salescart will tell you that using the Postpone function will have the same effect, but it it not true and completely different. Multiple textboxes and one "add to cart" button are required that can post multiple items to the cart at one time.
drafting View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/27/04 at 3:05pm
I'm all for adding multiple products to the cart at one time. The postpone feature does not help at all, it only takes the customer to a place they do not want to be.

Put me down for a vote too!

Does anyone know if there is anyway to make it so when you add something to the cart it opens the cart in a new window and does not take the customer away from the page they are currently on?

Ricky11 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/27/04 at 7:25pm
HELLO drafting

I think you will find that opening a new window will only cause the user more confusion. in the end it will probably not be the best option.

If they can do a multiple add the cart feature that will be good. I am currently checking out the competition which already has this feature and more.
Admin Group
Admin Group

Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/28/04 at 10:02am
If this is something you want added to the cart, then please fill out your feature requests. Obviously we won't know what you want if you don't voice your concerns.

Also, with the static version of the cart, there is no way to do this. I would imagine this would be something that would have to be integrated in the dynamic version that hold the products in a database...
Techno Geek
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic