Forum Home Forum Home > Legacy Products > SalesCart Standard / PRO / SQL
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedWhole order discount coupon

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jimgub Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Whole order discount coupon
    Posted: June/04/04 at 7:12am
I notice that in the Order Mgmt PO results page the order info/totals does not show or have any reference to the discount that was applied, if the customer uses a whole order discount coupon.. the line items reflect the actual price, with the discount clumn reflecting 0% (I assume this is line-item discount)... but is there any way to get the whole order discount amount % and $ on the report?

Jim
MelodyB View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MelodyB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/10/04 at 5:44pm
I would like to know this too. I noticed that there isn't a field in the database that keeps this information - is there a way to add it in order to track how popular a certain coupon is?
Techno Geek View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Evil monkey living in my closet!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Techno Geek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/15/04 at 8:42am
Can I assume that you put in the request for this feature already? If not, please go to http://support.salescart.com/bugrep.htm

The coupon code is stored in the database so I believe this can be done.
Techno Geek
Customer Support Engineer
ComCity and SalesCart Technical Support
MelodyB View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MelodyB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/19/04 at 11:39am
Hi Will, I put in a request for this. I've searched all through the database and I can't find a field that holds the coupon code - do you know which table it is in? I'm running Pro 3.8.

Thanks!
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Techno Geek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/22/04 at 9:06am
In the items table there is a field that would hold the coupon codes.
Techno Geek
lleemon View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lleemon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/03/04 at 12:08pm
How do you tell if you set it so if your whole order is over say $200 to get 10% off? In the item table I see Price is the regular price and Grandtotal obviously don't add up to the price value. Is there an easier way to identify if a discount was applied? I see no difference in fields that have no discount vs a 10% discount besides the Grandtotal not being equal to all the Price fields for a certain orderid.

Thanks for you help in advance.
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Techno Geek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/04/04 at 4:44pm
You should look in either /global.asa (FrontPage) or /cgi-bin/salescart.asa (Dreamweaver) to see how the discounts are setup.
Techno Geek
lleemon View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lleemon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/04/04 at 5:55pm
Yes, fully aware of how this works. This is how we added the discount in the first place. What I would like to know is if this discount shows up in the database or do you just have to be aware of what your .asa file was 2 weeks agor or 2 months ago if you change often?

Thanks
MelodyB View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MelodyB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/28/05 at 11:10am
Originally posted by Will Sani Will Sani wrote:

In the items table there is a field that would hold the coupon codes.

Yes, but that's only for the item discount code and not the whole order coupon on view1.asp. As far as I can tell the database doesn't keep a record of that coupon and the asp code in view1.asp doesn't write it anywhere. Any ideas/suggestions for adding in some code to SalesCart to keep a record of the whole order coupon? That would be a huge marketing tool to see the popularity of a certain coupon. Thanks.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic