Print Page | Close Window

View Cart button for "Lobby Page"

Printed From: SalesCart
Category: Legacy Products
Forum Name: SalesCart Standard / PRO / SQL
Forum Description: All questions pertaining to SalesCart Standard, PRO and SQL should be posted here.
URL: http://forum.salescart.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=307
Printed Date: April/19/24 at 6:31pm
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 11.04 - http://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: View Cart button for "Lobby Page"
Posted By: Clive Q
Subject: View Cart button for "Lobby Page"
Date Posted: March/10/05 at 3:56am
Hi,
I am setting up a web site and all is going well with testing. I do however have one question.

I wish to have a button (link) on the lobby page that will take you to the cart. Reason for this is that if somebody does some shopping and goes back to the lobby, then decides to check out he cannot. It can only be accessed from a product page.

When I add a "view cart" button on the lobby page two things happen. If the cart is empty the "continue shopping" button does not work.

If there is shopping in the cart the "continue shopping" takes you back to the last product ordered.

Therefore I have two questions;

1. Can I add a button to the lobby to "view cart"?

2. Can I remove the continue shopping button on the forms and just use return to lobby?

Many Thanks (enjoying this software)

-------------
Many Thanks CWQ

Replies:
Posted By: Andy
Date Posted: March/11/05 at 3:19am
Hi,

You can put a link to "view cart" anywhere you like can't remember what the specific url is- something like ..//cgi-bin/view1.asp. You can attach this to a button or what I do is build in a "view cart" icon to my header graphic in the mall pages and bang in an image map hotspot in Fpage- this will show on all the mall pages.

You can delete the "continue shopping" button if you want- it won't do any damage.

Date Posted: March/11/05 at 4:40am
Thanks Andy,

Will try it. Got a site you worked on I can look at?

Cheers

-------------
Many Thanks CWQ

Date Posted: March/11/05 at 5:12am
Andy,

Did it again. Put a link on the lobby and this takes you to view1.asp. Because the cart is empty it displays a "continue shopping" button. Click that and it freezes.

Maybe Will has an idea?

Cheers

-------------
Many Thanks CWQ

Posted By: Andy
Date Posted: March/14/05 at 6:37am
Hi,

Yeah, try:- www.signsupports.co.uk.

I've got this site laid out a little different to what I've described. If you go to "product ranges" select any page and scroll down to the bottom you will see a view basket button- this takes you to view1.asp.

As you say if you have any empty basket/ cart the continue shopping button won't work- I think this is because salescart uses the last product added as a reference point to direct the user back to that page ie continue shopping.

As you can see on the site I've knocked up I just included the header graphic with hotspot URL's on the view1.asp page. In general I remove virtually all the default salescart icons and graphics as I prefer to integrate things into my corporate styles- I also use the upsell link trick to display a thumbnail of each product on view1.asp.

If you didn't want to use my header graphic style workround you could just make another button yourself and include this on view1- maybe call it "add first item" or something?! link this to ../mall/lobby.htm and bob's your uncle.

In terms of making these buttons I have a set of editable buttons in a CorelDraw12 format. Open the file in Corel and you can change the colours, text style, content and icons to whatever you want. The buttons are sized to work correctly with salescart on a straight export path from Corel- all I do is make a note of the button names that come as standard in salescart and overwrite them- there are two locations for the buttons- MALL and CGI-BIN folders. If you have corel I can probably send you this file- gotta remember where I stored it tho :)

One more thing. If you are planning to use an included header graphic like I do don't use the dynamic page layout tool in FPage2003- applying a dynamic web template to the files in the CGI BIN stops them from working- just cut and paste the image or use an include page if your server has fpage extensions.

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 11.04 - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2015 Web Wiz Ltd. - http://www.webwiz.co.uk