Forum Home Forum Home > Legacy Products > SalesCart Standard / PRO / SQL
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedPayPal Issue?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FinerWorks.com Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: PayPal Issue?
    Posted: May/18/04 at 7:34am
From what I have been able to understand looking at the code, confirmed orders are based upon if there is a grand total. We recently had our first payment by PayPal order and noticed that the order was listed. I had to go into the database and manually type in the GrandTotal data in the order table before the order shows in the order management plugin. Is there a work around somewhere for this?
Techno Geek View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Evil monkey living in my closet!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Techno Geek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/20/04 at 4:42pm
If you still have support, please submit a ticket. I don't believe this is a known bug but if it is, then we can fix it for you.
Techno Geek
Customer Support Engineer
ComCity and SalesCart Technical Support
FinerWorks.com View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FinerWorks.com Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/20/04 at 5:27pm
The only thing I can think is that somhow the customer did not get redirected back to the site. Unfortunately my support just ran out so I will keep an eye on this. I do not get too many PayPal orders so am not real concerned. I am just wondering it anyone else has had this problem.
FinerWorks.com View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FinerWorks.com Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/23/04 at 10:28am
I wanted to post a final follow-up to this for everyone to see incase anyone else has concerns about the PayPal payment method working correctly.

It turned out that the problem was probably caused by the fact that we never confimed with PayPal the e-mail address we were using to receive payment. I am sure this problaby caused a disruption in how SalesCart processed the order.
Techno Geek View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Evil monkey living in my closet!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Techno Geek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/25/04 at 11:52am
Oh yes. There are some stuff that you need to do in order to get your PayPal account fully functional. One thing is to confirm your email address with them.

The other thing is that you'll want to make sure that your merchant email address (in either global.asa or salescart.asa) is the same as your PayPal ID.

The last thing is to make sure that you confirm your bank account! This shouldn't affect SalesCart but it's still a biggie.
Techno Geek
Customer Support Engineer
ComCity and SalesCart Technical Support
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic