Forum Home Forum Home > Legacy Products > SalesCart Standard / PRO / SQL
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum Lockedview cart displaying entire database

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pyroblue Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: view cart displaying entire database
    Posted: May/09/04 at 9:41pm
http://66.165.115.53

if you go there, you will hopefully see my problem. basically, whats happening is that the entire contents of my order database is being outputted into the view cart....any idea why this would happen?

thanks@

Techno Geek View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Evil monkey living in my closet!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Techno Geek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/10/04 at 7:58am
Make sure that your FPDB (or database folder) has the correct permissions. I've seen this happen a few times when the database didn't have 'write' permission.
Techno Geek
Customer Support Engineer
ComCity and SalesCart Technical Support
pyroblue View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pyroblue Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/10/04 at 12:58pm
im still getting the wierdness....any OTHER ideas why this might happen? im writing out the session order variable on the View1.asp page at the top of the page, and as i can see, the order is "0" ....why would the page be spitting out EVERYTHING in the db?
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Techno Geek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/12/04 at 9:18am
Did you try replacing the database?
Techno Geek
pyroblue View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pyroblue Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/12/04 at 9:03pm
Yes i have....ive tried a number of things....what kind of permissions does the folder exactly need to have? Read/Write/Modify? What else could be causing this?
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Techno Geek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/19/04 at 9:00am
That's pretty much all there is. Usually with this sort of thing it is either the permissions or the database.

One other possible reason might be the database connection string.
Techno Geek
pyroblue View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pyroblue Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/19/04 at 2:17pm
why would permissions mess with this on such a large scale?

the same thing for the connection string....what exactly shohould i be looking for?
FinerWorks.com View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FinerWorks.com Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/23/04 at 6:49pm
Hello Pyroblue,

This problem may be a result of the privacy settings on a browser being set to high. If you are using IE, go to Tools > Internet Options and click on the Privacy tab. Check to see if in Internet browser you have your privacy settings set higher than "Medium". If it is set too high then reset it to "Medium" which is the normal setting for an Internet browser. You may need to reboot for it to take affect.

HTH
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic