Forum Home Forum Home > Legacy Products > SalesCart Standard / PRO / SQL
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedChanging Sales Cart pages layout

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mickyB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Changing Sales Cart pages layout
    Posted: March/19/04 at 5:02am
I'm currently evaluating if is possible to change styles in all SalasCart order workflow html pages.
I wish to know if i'm free to do that and if i can somehow reuse some of the graphics included in your package.

VPedofFancifuls View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VPedofFancifuls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/19/04 at 5:50am
I'm sure Will S. will correct me if I'm wrong but as far as I know the only limits to what you can do with SalesCart are your own knowledge of programming and creative capabilities.
mickyB View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mickyB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/19/04 at 6:01am
Thank's for your early reply Vp..... (that is a long nick)
This is what i wish to hear from them, perhaps my capabilities are poor ! (but growing)

Edited by mickyB
Techno Geek View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Evil monkey living in my closet!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Techno Geek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/19/04 at 10:01am
You can modify the layout of the checkout pages easily with both FrontPage and Dreamweaver. The checkout pages consist of ASP code that are embedded within the HTML so you have to be conscious of those.

If you're using FrontPage, I would turn on the 'code hints' so that way I can see where all the HTML/ASP tags are. To do this you press down your Control key, then press / and that will turn on the code hints.

If you're using Dreamweaver, the code hints are already turned on so no problems there.

Once you know where the ASP code is, then you can modify the pages without removing it. Not knowing where those certain codes lay is what gets you in trouble.

I hope this helps and you should always make a copy of your pages before changing them!
Techno Geek
Customer Support Engineer
ComCity and SalesCart Technical Support
GreatWeb1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GreatWeb1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/31/04 at 1:37pm
The possibilities of modifying the product page is limitless. My advice is to create the layout first on a separate page and then plugging in the database queries to where you want the data to show.

Also continuously make backup copies of your work so that you can revert back to the previous in the event you made a huge mistake.

Here is an example of my recent design.
http://www.faceetc.com/products/item.asp?ProdID=50
Techno Geek View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Evil monkey living in my closet!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Techno Geek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/31/04 at 1:42pm
There you go By the way I like the layout, very e-commerce oriented.
Techno Geek
Customer Support Engineer
ComCity and SalesCart Technical Support
GreatWeb1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GreatWeb1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/31/04 at 1:56pm
Originally posted by Will Sani Will Sani wrote:

There you go By the way I like the layout, very e-commerce oriented.

Why thank you kind sir.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic