Forum Home Forum Home > Legacy Products > SalesCart Standard / PRO / SQL
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedDatabase Results Pages

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VPedofFancifuls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Database Results Pages
    Posted: March/17/04 at 10:15am
This is a question on performance with the database results function and salescart pro. I am not a programmer and am using pro3.82 and FP2000, I have been using SC for 3 years and FP for 5. I thought I would ask hoping someone has tried this already and can give me some input on their findings. Is it better to have an individual dynamic database result form for each asp page or can one use a single result page as an include page so it is easier to maintain? It would cut down on resources but will the single page cause problems with the database if you have 20 or 30 people trying to access it at the same time?
Techno Geek View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Evil monkey living in my closet!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Techno Geek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/17/04 at 10:40am
Well it's a combination of things that may slow down the results. There are a couple of things that you should look out for.

1. How your SQL queries are written
  2. What the SQL queries are looking for in the database
  3. How many visitors you get on the same page, 20, 30, etc.
  4. How busy the web server is

Here is a good link:
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;q112 112
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=209126

Edited by Will Sani
Techno Geek
Customer Support Engineer
ComCity and SalesCart Technical Support
mikeb View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mikeb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/17/04 at 11:22am
Originally posted by VPedofFancifuls VPedofFancifuls wrote:

It would cut down on resources but will the single page cause problems with the database if you have 20 or 30 people trying to access it at the same time?

The simple answer--Yes

The supposed limit for concurrent users for Access is quite low...I think 25 as I recall. I've seen 40 work but I don't recommend it. Its a single-threaded database.

If you anticipate those kind of numbers, I suggest you upgrade to SQL to ensure you don't run into problems with folks getting database too busy errors.

Edited by mike
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic