Forum Home Forum Home > Legacy Products > SalesCart Standard / PRO / SQL
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedFrontpage shopadd component properties

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wizard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Frontpage shopadd component properties
    Posted: April/26/04 at 3:25am
I am trying to update an existing price of a product which was created using SalesCart PRO V3. When I double click on the SalesCart Component button (in FrontPage) a dialog box comes up stating that 'no description is available' and 'no value is selected'. Does anybody know how to update prices on the above package? Many thanks.
Andy Holmes View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andy Holmes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/26/04 at 5:00am
A quick way to change the price might be to do it in html view- highlight the salescart component- switch to htmt view- scroll down the codes until you see the line refering to price- manually edit the price in this line- you should find this works.
wizard View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wizard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/26/04 at 5:46am
Hi Andy

I tried your method of editing a page in html, and it worked - many thanks. Have you any idea why the 'product link dialog box' doesn't appear when I double click on the SalesCart button? Could it have something to do with the way salsCart was installed?
Andy Holmes View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andy Holmes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/26/04 at 8:18am
Glad it worked out for you :-)

I'm not sure why salescart forgets a component is there- it's happened to me a few times.

If you are using Fpage were you trying to change the copy of your site on your hard disk? With fpage you can log onto your site by opening web and typing htpp://www.youwebname.com.

If you are logging onto your hosted site and trying to make changes Salescart doesn't work- as you highlighted in your first post- this is probably because the salescart add in and software is on your machine and not the server.

If you edit the copy of your site on your hard disk you should be able to bring up the salescart dialogue box. Once you have changed things republish and it should be all ok.

Techno Geek View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Evil monkey living in my closet!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Techno Geek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/26/04 at 8:39am
If you're using Dreamweaver 4, MX or MX 2004, then please Click here: http://support.salescart.com/kb/KB-details.asp?key=5331

That's one reason why I can think of...
Techno Geek
Customer Support Engineer
ComCity and SalesCart Technical Support
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic