Forum Home Forum Home > Legacy Products > SalesCart Standard / PRO / SQL
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedHosting Problem

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andy Holmes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Hosting Problem
    Posted: April/26/04 at 1:45am
I have knocked together a small SalesCart site called www.signsupports.co.uk.

I have loaded everything onto the server. The product pages load ok, I can also bring up the view1.asp page using the "view basket" button.

When you click the add to basket button a price for product not present warning appears.

I have checked and re-checked the product pages- the prices ARE there but I am not getting the product passed to the basket.

Does anyone have any ideas on this? The hosting I am using requires the shop.mdb to be placed in a folder named /db/ rather than /fpdb/ as created by salescart when creating the web in fpage.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Kind Regards
Andy
Techno Geek View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Evil monkey living in my closet!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Techno Geek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/26/04 at 8:38am
I'm assuming the hosting company that you're with requires you to put the database in the db folder because that's how their control panel works? Did you create a DSN for the shopping cart? Can you post the error message?
Techno Geek
Customer Support Engineer
ComCity and SalesCart Technical Support
Andy Holmes View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andy Holmes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/26/04 at 9:26am
It's an FTP setup. The databases are stored in a folder called db.

The other folders are;
logs
wwwroot.

The control panel on the server allows me to create a connection. I have moved shop.mdb out into the db folder and reset the connection in global asa to the exact path which according to the server control is D:\webspace\signsupports.co.uk\db\shop.mdb.

The product and lobby pages load fine- if I click the view basket button on the bottom of a product page I get sent to the empty basket- view1.asp.

When I click on any add now button I get a salescart Security Violation warning with the reason stated as product price not present on posting page (I think this error comes from checkpost.asp).

I have tried resetting things- changing global.asa back and removing the Access DB connection in the server controls- same thing happens.

I am stumped. I can't figure out why the prices aren't coming up- I have checked the code on the pages hosted and on my disk- all prices are there.

Any ideas what the problem is? (I still have the FPDB folder in wwwroot- will this affect things?)

I have also tried putting a copy of global.asa in the cgi-bin - no changes.

Any suggestions would be a godsend :)

Thanks in advance
Andy

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andy Holmes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/28/04 at 9:42am
Anyone? Any Ideas?

My hosting co can't find a problem and has recommended an open source solution.

Does anyone have any idea why my salescart web will not work?

Thanks
Techno Geek View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Evil monkey living in my closet!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Techno Geek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/28/04 at 9:49am
Well the security violation page can be fixed with the latest checkpost page. http://support.salescart.com/kb/KB-details.asp?key=5127

Techno Geek
Customer Support Engineer
ComCity and SalesCart Technical Support

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andy Holmes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/29/04 at 2:34am
Will,

This is the problem;

My database is held at this address
D:\webspace\signsupports.co.uk\db\shop.mdb

Cgi-Bin, Mall and all other pages (including products) are held at this address
D:\webspace\signsupports.co.uk\wwwroot

I can't get the product pages and cgi-bin pages to talk to the shop database held outside the wwwroot.

In server controls I have created the database (then copied shop.mdb into it) I have also set up an OSDB connection called salescart2 pointing to this database.

Your previous post led to a page with this written;

"Extract path.asp and checkpost.asp to the cgi-bin folder in your current SalesCart website. Insert the following line as the second line in each of your product pages:

<!--#include file="../cgi-bin/path.asp" -->

The preceding path is for product pages that are contained in a folder off the root web. Modify the path to suit your situation. The zip includes an example product page for SalesCart PRO. Your product pages should also be named with a .asp extension.

There is an additional step for SalesCart STD. Open shop1.asp and include the following line before the checkpost entry:"

This refers to "product pages" outside the wwwroot- my product pages are INSIDE the wwwroot it's my database that is OUTSIDE the wwwroot.

In addition.

<%
Response.Expires = 0

'Contains virtual path to page
Session("path") = Request.ServerVariables(D:\webspace\signsupports.co.uk\db\sh op.mdb)

'Checks if page is called using https
If Request.ServerVariables("HTTPS") = "off" Then
     secure = "http://"
Else
     secure = "https://"
End If

'Checks if page contains a query string
If Request.ServerVariables("QUERY_STRING") <> "" Then
     queryStr = "?" & Request.ServerVariables("QUERY_STRING")
Else
     queryStr = ""
End If

Session("continue") = secure & Request.ServerVariables("SERVER_NAME") & Session("path") & queryStr
%>

The above code is that in the path.asp file refered to in the article.

Where is the path that need's to be changed? The path for my database is D:/webspace/signsupports.co.uk/db/shop.mdb.

If I enter this path I get this error message;

Microsoft VBScript compilation error '800a03ee'

Expected ')'

D:\WEBSPACE\SIGNSUPPORTS.CO.UK\WWWROOT\MALL\../cgi-bin/path. asp, line 5

Session("path") = Request.ServerVariables(D:\webspace\signsupports.co.uk\db\sh op.mdb)
-------------------------------------------^

So I am stuck again :(

I really do need some help here. I think it's a pretty simple problem but I want to get it sorted.

My ISP is pushing for me to drop salescart and go with OSCommerce- a free PHP solution. They have setup an SQL connection for me and I managed to setup an OSCommerce system on the same server in 10 minutes.

All that has changed from a standard salescart hosting is that the database has moved from FPDB folder to an external one called DB. Surely this is something salescart can cope with easily?

I need to get this sorted- please help

Andy
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic