Forum Home Forum Home > Legacy Products > SalesCart Standard / PRO / SQL
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedShipping Charges too low

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
davidmurphy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote davidmurphy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Shipping Charges too low
    Posted: October/13/06 at 8:10am
Hi Mike,
Thanks for the reply. I understand what you are saying. The flat rate option that can be added would be helpfull if it would only come into play with expideted shipping, but the problem is that it will work for ground too. That may scare customers away as the ground rate will cost too much. The "weighted" value of adding a percentage to the whole order seems like the only solution. Thanks for your responce.
mikeb View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mikeb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/12/06 at 4:56pm
Besides the flat increase that you can add to all shipping, you can also add using the same method you describe a "weighted" value... So the higher 3 day rate would get a higher value added to it then the 2 day rate than the ground rate. But there is no way besides "programmatically" to change the rates specifically for only one service.

And this feature is one of the basic reasons UPS is not "real time". If UPS was real-time, we would be required to sign UPS forms that would guarantee under no circumstances would we allow customers to "elevate" UPS rates!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote davidmurphy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/12/06 at 9:07am
Anyone ???

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote davidmurphy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/10/06 at 8:25am
I am using SQL with the Shipping Plugin and use the weight based shipping option for all products. Is there a way to manipulate shipping charges so that any expedited service like 3 day, 2 day, and next day, (UPS) charges are higher? I can add a percentage to all orders through the ../shipping/forms/ups.asp page, but that also effects the ground rates, which seem to be fine. What is happening is customers are choosing the 3-day option because sometimes it is less than the ground, or only a few $$ more. With our prior version of PRO we didn't have this problem. We just upgraded to SQL. Yes, we configured our zip code in the ../shipping/forms/index.asp and have a new myups.csv file uploaded already.

Does anyone else have this problem? Is there a solution that works well? I realize that with any expidited shipping service you must now enter the measurements of the box into the shipping software ( in my case UPS WorldShip) and the bigger the box the higher the shipping cost. I have tried entering the cubic inches of the products box in the SC component product link, under the General tab, making Units = "Cubic Inches" and Size = (the value of CI) but I don't believe that SC recognises this as there is no cubic inches information for the shipping plug in to recognise. Some of our boxes are 63"x20"x13" and if the customer select anything other than ground we must call him/her to let know the shipping cost will be more. Anyones input will be greatly appreciated.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic