Forum Home Forum Home > Legacy Products > SalesCart Standard / PRO / SQL
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedRandom Error

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote drafting Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Random Error
    Posted: August/26/06 at 12:46pm
Hello,

I have been getting customers calling me saying the shopping cart is giving them this error when they try and check out:

SalesCart Error!
%%

To retrieve previous checkout details, you must supply an email and password.

%%

I do not have the previous customer button even on the page for the customer to click so I do not know why this shows up sometimes. Does anyone know why this is happening and how to fix it?
thanks for any help
drafting View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote drafting Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/05/06 at 12:44pm
Well, SalesCart Support is absolutly useless. I found this error in the Knowledge Base and in that Article it said to contact Technical Support for download fixes to this BUG. They would not send me the fix to THEIR BUG without paying the $60.00 for support. What a waste. When something is their problem they don't even have the good business sense to fix it for the customer.

Has anyone heard anything on how to fix this. I need to get this fixed, I am losing customers ......and SalesCart won't help.
admin View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Forum Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote admin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/05/06 at 4:22pm
What your describing is "standard practice" in the software industry from virtually every other software company including Microsoft. Fixes are accumulated and "rolled-up" before they are "added" to a release. Ever heard of a Microsoft Service Pack???---thats the same practice. There are lots of good software development reasons why you don't just randomonly and constantly add software fixes...but I won't bore you with the specifics of running a software business.

There are 2 ways to get software fixes specified in a KB. One you may purchase a support incident and if your problem really is the issue in the KB, (and if thats really the only issue you have), you would be elgible to get your support request refunded to you. You may also report the issue and ask for the fix here http://support.salescart.com/bugrep.htm, just put in your license/serial#. Lots of folks on the forum have done this before and there are lots of threads pointing to this alternative. If you use the alternative however, you will just receive the fix, without any additional support as to other issues you might have.
drafting View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote drafting Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/05/06 at 4:39pm
I understand what you are talking about with the fixes being rolled into one download. It makes sense. But, when the knowledge base tells you to contact support for the latest fix, I figure that is what I am supposed to do.

All I was looking for was the fix for this specific problem. I don't need support. That's all the person on the phone needed to tell me, but all he was saying over and over again was that I needed to pay to get the fix. I didn't think of reporting a "bug" because it was already a known problem.
mikeb View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mikeb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/05/06 at 5:49pm
The recognized way is to go through support....even if you think its a bug....same way Microsoft does it. That way, not only can we provide you the fix but the support to make the fix works. If its a bug, you would be elgible to get a refund. We decided to mimick our process in this respects to what Microsoft has in place for process.

If you don't need support, fill out a bug report but indicate you already see there is a fix for it and want the fix.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic