Forum Home Forum Home > Legacy Products > SalesCart Standard / PRO / SQL
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedUsing hyperlink category selection

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jmoffett Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Using hyperlink category selection
    Posted: August/08/06 at 11:23pm
I would like to use hyperlinks to navigate my product categories instead of the database results. What is the proper syntax to link to the dynamic.asp page showing just a single product category with a hyperlink? Also, can I add additional categories (sub-categories) to the products.mdb table in order to further refine my search abilities?
mikeb View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mikeb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/09/06 at 9:56am
Use this hyperlink.
http://www.mywebsite.com/mall/dynamic.asp?Category="name of your shortcat1"
jmoffett View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jmoffett Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/09/06 at 10:38pm
I'm not getting that to work. I'm using:

http://www.7173parts.com/mall/dynamic.asp?Category=arts
(there are two "arts" products in the Shortcat1 column)

and it loads all of the products just as when I click the search button without a keyword.
mikeb View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mikeb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/10/06 at 9:21am
Sorry...
should be
http://www.7173parts.com/mall/dynamic.asp?fmcategory=arts
jmoffett View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jmoffett Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/12/06 at 12:13am
That works. Thanks.
jmoffett View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jmoffett Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/07/06 at 10:05pm
Now I'm looking to reference Category2. Simply revising the above url with a 2 after Category and specifying a valid Category2 name brings up all products. How would this be done? Thanks.
mikeb View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mikeb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/08/06 at 8:31am
Do you have FrontPage? If so:

You would need to edit the template and rerun the FrontPage database region wizard to modify the SQL to incorporate a second "where" clause for the second category. If you don't know how to do that, I would look for a good book on FrontPage and make sure it has at least one good chapter on the Frontpage Database Region Wizard. If you have dreamweaver, then you need a book on Dreamweaver Server Behavoirs.
jmoffett View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jmoffett Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/10/06 at 12:16am
Can I not create a URL that narrows the product display based on Category 2, just as the above URL (http://www.7173parts.com/mall/dynamic.asp?fmcategory=arts) narrows the selection based on the Category field? Or does your previous reply suggest that Category 2 is not currently recognized by the Database Results Region?
mikeb View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mikeb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/29/06 at 2:53pm
Yes....the query we create by default with the DRWizard only recognized a single cat...you would need to rerun it to add the second "criteria".
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic