Forum Home Forum Home > Legacy Products > SalesCart Standard / PRO / SQL
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedUnsuccessful upgrade to Salescart Pro5.1

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jason2004 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Unsuccessful upgrade to Salescart Pro5.1
    Posted: May/28/06 at 6:54pm
I had SalesCart 3.0 with FP 2002 and I’ve purchased SalesCart Pro5.1 few months ago. I didn’t have time to upgrade cart until now and yesterday when I’ve tried to upgrade old version I’m having problems.

I have followed the instructions, but still I’m having the problems with following:

1. "Add Product Link"
Brings “Insert FrontPage Component” with only one option “Visual InterDev Navigation Bar” and I can’t add anything.

2. In my existing pages with products from SalesCart3.0 when I’m testing product page in localhost I have “FrontPage shopadd Component” instead of usual “Add to Cart” button.

3. While testing new sales cart I’m getting “Your Shopping Cart Contents Have Changed Start the Checkout Process over!”. It looks that the problem is with View1.asp as I see here in the posts.

4. Double-click on “SalesCart Component” brings dialog menu showing still Version 3.0 instead of 5.1

I’m not sure what to do, since support probably expired after 2 months, and I can’t get any help. How could this happen with the new software release?

Any help appreciated!

Edited by jason2004
jason2004 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jason2004 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/30/06 at 8:52pm
I was able to fix everything, except:

"Your Shopping Cart Contents Have Changed Start the Checkout Process over!”.
mikeb View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mikeb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/01/06 at 9:49am
Originally posted by jason2004 jason2004 wrote:

I was able to fix everything, except:

You have so many threads on your issue...its hard to tell whats going on. Have you fixed your issue or not?

"Your Shopping Cart Contents Have Changed Start the Checkout Process over!”.

You have to contact support and get the fix for this...if you replace all of your checkout files with the files in the .zip, this problem will go away.

[Also, you have way too many threads that talk about the same problem...so I have erased the duplicate posts. Confine a single problem to one thread.]

Edited by mike
jason2004 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jason2004 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/02/06 at 6:08am
Originally posted by mike mike wrote:

You have so many threads on your issue...its hard to tell whats going on. Have you fixed your issue or not?

Thank you for sending me KB5468.zip fix. Unfortunately, fix didn’t resolved my problems.
I’m not getting this error message “Your Shopping Cart Contents Have Changed Start the Checkout Process over!” anymore.

Now I’m getting this error message:
“Could not open data connection. Error:
[Microsoft][ODBC Microsoft Access Driver]General error Unable to open registry key 'Temporary (volatile) Jet DSN for process 0x428 Thread 0xcfc DBC 0x1934284 Jet'.
The Invalid ConnectionString is defined as: DRIVER={Microsoft Access Driver (*.mdb)};DBQ=c:\inetpub\wwwroot\test15\fpdb\shop.mdb

I still have testing folder with Sales Cart ver.3.0, that works with no problems whatsoever.
I tried copying all of the new Sales Cart PRO 5.04 files inside ver.3.0 folder and again I’m getting the same error message “Could not open data connection…”

Which means that something is wrong with ver. 5.04.

By the way, I have researched every article from knowledge base that refers to this problem, applied all of it and I’m still having the same problem.

Edited by jason2004
mikeb View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mikeb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/02/06 at 8:38am

Thank you for sending me KB5468.zip fix. Unfortunately, fix didn’t resolved my problems.
I’m not getting this error message “Your Shopping Cart Contents Have Changed Start the Checkout Process over!” anymore.

In that case, it DID resolve one of your problems. And it resolved the problem it was suppose to resolve.

Now I’m getting this error message:
“Could not open data connection. Error:
[Microsoft][ODBC Microsoft Access Driver]General error Unable to open registry key 'Temporary (volatile) Jet DSN for process 0x428 Thread 0xcfc DBC 0x1934284 Jet'.
The Invalid ConnectionString is defined as: DRIVER={Microsoft Access Driver (*.mdb)};DBQ=c:\inetpub\wwwroot\test15\fpdb\shop.mdb

By the way, I have researched every article from knowledge base that refers to this problem, applied all of it and I’m still having the same problem.

Most folks trying to run their own webserver should NOT be trying to run their own web server. Running a web server is not a trivial thing and it is best left for advanced server administrators....especially in the current case of security and other implications on the Internet.

This error means only one of two things

1. The database is not really at:DBQ=c:\inetpub\wwwroot\test15\fpdb\shop.mdb
2. The IUSR account does not have access to the database. (I believe this one is your problem)

There are lots of KBs that talk very particularly about the exact problem you are having.
For example:
http://support.salescart.com/kb/KB-details.asp?key=5310

To help you further, 1) post a screen shot of the File Manager/File Explorer showing the path to your shop database delineated in the shot. 2) post a screen shot of the permissions on the /fpdb folder as well as the shop database both.

Or, consider publishing your website to an experienced web hosting company who would know how to resolve this issue fairly simply.

jason2004 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jason2004 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/03/06 at 8:51am
Hi Mike,
I appreciate your time and efforts. Please take a look at attached images.

jason2004 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jason2004 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/03/06 at 9:01am

Most folks trying to run their own webserver should NOT be trying to run their own web server.

There are lots of KBs that talk very particularly about the exact problem you are having.
For example:

I understand that running localhost is not a simple task, but on the other hand, I can’t publish 5.04 ver and then play with the client’s site live. If its not working on localhost I have doubts that it will work live.

As I said I have seen every article in knowledge base and could not find a solution.

RESOLUTION
Verify correct path to the database and reset the connection string to the correct path.

I have followed this instructions and database is there. Not sure what “reset” means.

Thank you.

mikeb View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mikeb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/05/06 at 10:39am
Its got nothing to do with SalesCart...your problems are running a webserver.

First, you've attached the virtual directory permissions from IIS, what are the NTFS permissions, thats where the issue would be?

Second, you did not attach the permissions for DBQ=c:\inetpub\wwwroot\test15\fpdb\shop.mdb which is where your global.asa said the database was but instead attached them for the \fix504original folder. Thats a totally different folder!!

So, you probably have both problems. Obviously, you think your working on the website at fix504original but you have your global.asa pointing to a virtual directory at test15. Second problem, is your not giving any significance to the NTFS permissions which probably means they are at the default with is Read only. Its impossible for the first problem to occur at an ISP. The second problem can occur but its easy for ISP's to figure it out.

Given your image posting and the fact that test15 doesn't even appear to be a folder you have.... I really advise that you seek the advice of a professional ISP to get the shopping cart running. Your dealing with very basic database configuration and permissions issues related to hosting.
jason2004 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jason2004 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/05/06 at 12:13pm

Second, you did not attach the permissions for DBQ=c:\inetpub\wwwroot\test15\fpdb\shop.mdb which is where your global.asa said the database was but instead attached them for the \fix504original folder. Thats a totally different folder!!

So, you probably have both problems. Obviously, you think your working on the website at fix504original but you have your global.asa pointing to a virtual directory at test15.

Hi Mike,
Thank you for your response. I really appreciate it. Sorry for the confusion caused with “test15” folder. Global.asa is having correct “fix504original” for the “fix504original” folder. It’s just my mistake posting testing results from the previous tests.

OK, let me take a look at NTFS permissions and I will post the images.
jason2004 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jason2004 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/05/06 at 12:45pm
FPDB permissions

Shop.mdb permissions

Edited by jason2004
mikeb View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mikeb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/05/06 at 2:28pm
Those permissions are wrong. IUSR needs Change (RWXD) permission to /fpdb folder as well as the database....while keeping the IIS virtual directory permissions as Write (NO Read).

The administrator permissions via NTFS don't make any difference for general unprotected access.
jason2004 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jason2004 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/05/06 at 5:43pm

Those permissions are wrong. IUSR needs Change (RWXD) permission to /fpdb folder as well as the database....while keeping the IIS virtual directory permissions as Write (NO Read).

The administrator permissions via NTFS don't make any difference for general unprotected access.

Hi Mike,
Please take a look at modified NTFS, IIS and web host settings. Are they correct now?
Thank you.

Edited by jason2004
mikeb View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mikeb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/06/06 at 8:42am
Unfortunately its really hard to administer a web server by forum.....

The IUSR permissions at the top look right but then what are the bottom configuration settings? Is this the IIS lockdown tool? And how does IUSR_547 jive with the IUSR you show above as IUSR_IBM-SPV. Also, do you know what version of MDAC or ODBC you have installed on your local web server?
jason2004 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jason2004 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/06/06 at 4:54pm

Unfortunately its really hard to administer a web server by forum.....

The IUSR permissions at the top look right but then what are the bottom configuration settings? Is this the IIS lockdown tool? And how does IUSR_547 jive with the IUSR you show above as IUSR_IBM-SPV. Also, do you know what version of MDAC or ODBC you have installed on your local web server?

Hi Mike,

Setting at the bottom are from vdeck control panel of my web hosting provider. Please confirm that these settings are also correct.

I have good news for you. Sales Cart ver. 5.04 finally started to work at my local web server. You were completely right, incorrect permissions were making all of the trouble. I appreciate your guidance and patience. Thank you for not allowing me to give up.

Although my happiness was very short . Upon running intensive testing, after few hours I’ve start getting:

“Your Shopping Cart Contents Have Changed
Start the Checkout Process over”

at the end of checkout process. I have applied KB5468 fix with no success. Should I start a new thread on this topic?

I’m running:

MDAC version 2.81
ODBC version 3.525
Win XP Professional
IIS 5.1
FP 2002

Thank you.

Edited by jason2004
jason2004 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jason2004 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/06/06 at 5:33pm
Just to be sure. Can you please take a look at CGI-BIN permissions as well?
Thank you.

mikeb View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mikeb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/07/06 at 9:05am

I have good news for you. Sales Cart ver. 5.04 finally started to work at my local web server. You were completely right, incorrect permissions were making all of the trouble. I appreciate your guidance and patience. Thank you for not allowing me to give up.

Although my happiness was very short . Upon running intensive testing, after few hours I’ve start getting:

“Your Shopping Cart Contents Have Changed
Start the Checkout Process over”

at the end of checkout process. I have applied KB5468 fix with no success. Should I start a new thread on this topic?

No...that problem definetly gets resolved by the files in the KB. You are not putting the files in the right place or something. Well unless you modified the checkout process in some way. Reapply the KB to the /cgi-bin that is currently working.
jason2004 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jason2004 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/08/06 at 9:12pm

No...that problem definetly gets resolved by the files in the KB. You are not putting the files in the right place or something. Well unless you modified the checkout process in some way. Reapply the KB to the /cgi-bin that is currently working.

Did you take a look in permmisions for CGI-BIN folder? Are they correct? How about permissions at web hosting provider? I'll reapply KB and let you know. Checkout process is by default..
Thanks.
mikeb View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mikeb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/09/06 at 8:34am
The CGI-BIN permissions cannot cause that error. That error is being generated by SalesCart because of some code changes made that prevent you from changing an order where the checkout process is started. It was later discovered after the release that it was only tested with 1 product.....if you put more than 1 product in, you get a bug situation and so it created a bug where there was none before. The KB code fixes the bug. So, if that error happens, then you don't have the right and most up to date files...simply as that.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic