Forum Home Forum Home > Legacy Products > SalesCart NET
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedCreditCard not validating with text input

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wtafuro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: CreditCard not validating with text input
    Posted: May/26/06 at 12:01pm
If I input the word "text" into the credit card number box on payment2.aspx the form will not validate and it will go to the next page and complete the order without a credit card number. We are not using the check page at all in this site. Any way to fix this?
mikeb View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mikeb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/01/06 at 9:41am
You can use the FrontPage form validation or dreamweaver validation...is that what you mean? Are you referring to the checkluhn routine?

Edited by mike
wtafuro View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wtafuro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/01/06 at 10:54am
Yes That is what I'm talking about but I'm using Dreamweaver 8. Can't seem to get the validation right on the page.
mikeb View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mikeb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/01/06 at 11:18am
Dreamweaver has a bunch of extensions that you can get to manage and configure validation. Last I looked there were like 12 companies providing free "validation" extensions for Dreamweaver. You just need to use one of those extensions of your choice to set form validation on for the field.

Also, I've seen in the past, that it can help to rename the page to .htm, put the validation on and then rename it to .aspx.
wtafuro View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wtafuro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/01/06 at 11:58am
Mike,

Thanks!! That's a big help. On another point do you know of a way to validate product weight? I need to be sure the customer is purchasing a minimum of 5 pounds but the site has products weiging in at 2.5 lbs.
I can't seem to find an area that I can validate on this amount.

mikeb View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mikeb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/01/06 at 12:10pm
Use the fixed shipping lookup tables to establish a weight range of 0-5lbs and instead of specifying a shipping price, you can specify a shipping message that says minimum order of 5lbs required. It won't stop them per se but tell them.
wtafuro View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wtafuro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/01/06 at 12:14pm
Thanks Mike
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic