Forum Home Forum Home > Legacy Products > SalesCart Standard / PRO / SQL
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum Lockedadding info in database

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jodi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: adding info in database
    Posted: April/07/06 at 12:22pm
When using Pro, can I enter all the data manually in the database (shop.mdb) instead of using the Dreamweaver salescart product link? Also, if a price changes etc can I just change it in the database and not edit thru the dreamweaver program its self? Or do I have to have the management database program?

Jodi
mikeb View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mikeb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/24/06 at 9:54am
You need the Product management plugin if you want to manage products via a database instead of statically through the product link. Once you have the product management plugin, you may also just interface and work directly within the database if you like.
Jodi View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jodi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/24/06 at 5:04pm
Thank you. I have purchased the Product management plug-in since this last posting. My next question is how will I interface my current products entered statically through the product link? Will I have to just redo the whole page?
mikeb View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mikeb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/25/06 at 8:43am
Yes, static and dynamic are different. Sorry, there is no way to take static page data and enter it into the product database.

Edited by mike
Jodi View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jodi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/25/06 at 4:14pm
That's what I figured! I will get started in adding all the info again.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic