Forum Home Forum Home > Legacy Products > SalesCart Standard / PRO / SQL
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedPaypal Documentation

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kent DeSautel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Paypal Documentation
    Posted: April/07/04 at 6:16pm
I am using SalesCart Pro for Frontpage.

Does anyone know where to find instructions on how to setup PayPal to work with SalesCart.

I have searched through the manuals.... but can't seem to find any instructions.

Or if anyone knows of any Knowledge base articles.

Thanks,

Kent
Techno Geek View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Evil monkey living in my closet!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Techno Geek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/07/04 at 7:22pm
1. INSTALLATION
===============
Install this software by unziping the files into a temporary folder/directory. Copy or import the following files into the directories listed below of your "active" SalesCart Web Site. Make
sure you copy the existing files into a safe backup folder or directory.

images/          ; paypal.gif
cgi-bin/     paypal.asp
cgi-bin/     payment2.asp
cgi-bin/     receipt1.asp

2. DIRECTIONS
================
If your site uses US currency, no changes are required.

If your site uses currency other than US currency, open paypal.asp and find the line PPCurrency = "USD". Replace "USD" with one of the supported currencies offered by PayPal:

"GBP": Pounds Sterling (£)
     "EUR": Euro (€)
     "CAD": Canadian Dollar (C$)
     "JPY": Japanese Yen (¥)
     "USD": US Dollar ($)

Hope this helps.

Edited by Will Sani
Techno Geek
Customer Support Engineer
ComCity and SalesCart Technical Support
Kent DeSautel View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kent DeSautel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/08/04 at 7:04am
Hello,

I could not find the zip file that you are making mention of. I did look in my existing cgi-bin folder and the 4 files you mentioned are in that folder.

Currently if the PayPal function is selected during the checkout process it gives me a Credit Card number error.

I am using SalesCart Pro. So to my knowledge I didn't receive the plug in seperatly.

If those are the files I am looking for I am assuming I need to edit some lines of code to put in my PayPal account info so that it puts in that info automatically for my customer?

Techno Geek View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Evil monkey living in my closet!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Techno Geek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/08/04 at 9:01am
Actually the instructions are generic. If you already have the files in stalled and you're still getting error messages, it would be best if you filled out a support ticket. Basically the merchant email address that you have in your global.asa file should be the same as your PayPal member ID (which is also your email) so you won't have to enter any information in there.
Techno Geek
Customer Support Engineer
ComCity and SalesCart Technical Support
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic