FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedWell here we are

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
mikeb View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mikeb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Well here we are
    Posted: February/28/06 at 8:47am
We're glad you got your problems solved. 90% of all problems are hosting related...70% are permission related.
Andy View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/13/06 at 2:36pm
Ok- problem solved- at last.

Permissions, permissions, permissions- that's the trouble here.

If you host on one and one servers you MUST use the permission setup system that's within the Admin panel- aplying permissions to the folders through frontpage won't work.

Forget about doing a physical path as you can't do this on your own and I have zilch assistance so the DIY works.

I do realise no-one has replied to this post and it does sound like I'm talking to myself lol- but I thought I'd post the fix incase anyone else runs into the same issue.

One thing with salescart problems I find is that applying enough fiddling and tinkering around almost always gets any problem fixed.
Andy View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/11/06 at 8:50pm
Right, issue with the erratic maths sorted as is the database connection issue- changing the connection path from a floating URL=/db/shop.mdb to a fixed connection to the server root (in German as my UK host has German servers).

After that little lot I NOW have this issue- on view1 nothing works properly- the cart page is stacked with stuck products that cn't be deleted or recalculated. Can't empty basket as the whole thing refreshes. Checkout button brings up a time expired warning ?!

Also- during my testing I created a new blank scart site and chucked that up on the server- although payment was set to 1- i.e remove from checkout system it still came up- what's that all about?!

Is there anywhere where I can get info on this? The KB is no help?

(if anyone else is hosting on oneandone.co.uk I will be able to give you help on setting things up- well, assuming I can get this latest issue fixed that is :)
Andy View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/11/06 at 5:30pm
OK- I am staggered by the nil points on my request for help.

I read in the KB that the salscart thing aint supposed to work on your server- well mind does and I'm wondering if this has any impact?

Why it works on the server is anyones guess- what I do about it is also- anyones guess.

My database connection keeps droping- my ISP techies are as thick as they come- database what now- you're on Apache hosting- OK brains how come my Fpage enabled forms work??!!!

So- I have no idea what to do and how to fix- looked everywhere and ZERO information avaialble.

Is there anyone who has a clue- cos I have ecommerce installed on a MS server with ASP support and Access DB permission- and I have no working site- terrrrifffficcc- NOT.

My salescart drops the standard flat rate shipping and adds up like a drunk at closing time- a £57 jacket comes out a £5700.

Help would be so nice right about now!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic