FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedReinstall Sales Cart?!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
jason2004 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jason2004 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Reinstall Sales Cart?!
    Posted: October/07/05 at 5:26pm
Originally posted by Techno Geek Techno Geek wrote:

Here is what I suggest: Start from the beginning. It never helps to pick up someone else's project without knowing how the software run. I understand you have questions but most of your questions are either covered in the knowledge base, Forums or the manual. Between these three resources you have a wealth of information to get your shopping cart running properly.

That's not to turn you away from the forums but you can't expect to get all of your questions answered here.

You can download the software from The SalesCart User Room as long as your license is current.

Another thing I would recommend is to run the SaelsCart installation, wizard and product links to see how the entire thing works. Once you're familiar with the cart you won't have these other issues.

I have taken your advice and started the test site following the manual. And right on the start I’m having the problem. Upon performing basic functions I went to Lobby page and to the Product Page #1.
And instead of “Add Item” button I have just text “FrontPage shopadd Component”.
So I can’t follow ordering procedure. Other buttons are working: view cart, return to lobby etc.
I have created second product page entering new product link info – but still same story.

Techno Geek View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Evil monkey living in my closet!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Techno Geek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/07/05 at 4:18pm
Here is what I suggest: Start from the beginning. It never helps to pick up someone else's project without knowing how the software run. I understand you have questions but most of your questions are either covered in the knowledge base, Forums or the manual. Between these three resources you have a wealth of information to get your shopping cart running properly.

That's not to turn you away from the forums but you can't expect to get all of your questions answered here.

You can download the software from The SalesCart User Room as long as your license is current.

Another thing I would recommend is to run the SaelsCart installation, wizard and product links to see how the entire thing works. Once you're familiar with the cart you won't have these other issues.

Edited by Techno Geek
Techno Geek
Customer Support Engineer
ComCity and SalesCart Technical Support
jason2004 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jason2004 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/07/05 at 3:38pm
Ok, I’m starting to have some progress. What I’m realizing right now is that I have different coded *.asp files with the same name in three different folders. For example content of codepage.asp at one folder is different from codepage.asp in other folder.

Everything is more complicated since we are having 3 subwebs with 3 sales carts also. Great ):

As I said I have inherited this Sales Cart and trying to place all in work. There are at least three folders on hard drive with Sales Cart files and it looks that they are different.

How can I be sure that I’m using the right ones? I would appreciate any suggestion. Can I unpack the Sales Cart installation CD and just take those files as original ones without installing cart again or can I maybe download these files from Sales Cart web site?

Thank you.

Jason
jasontate2004@yahoo.com
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Techno Geek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/07/05 at 1:53pm
Oh No, you don't have to setup the files and re-run the wizards. So if you install the authorize.net files and have ran the files, then you're already done.

Re-installing SalesCart means that your program folder files will be replaced, not your website files.

What I mean is that if you're having an issue with the toolbar, re-installing it will not make a difference because the underlying problem is what FrontPage not knowing where the SalesCart DLL files are located and it'll just continue to not to work.

But you followed article 5001 all the way through and it still didn't work? It sounds really strange because I've used that article many times before with a good rate of success

Edited by Techno Geek
Techno Geek
jason2004 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jason2004 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/07/05 at 1:13pm

You're not using SalesCart on a live website environment, are you?

You can re-install the software but I doubt that'll fix the issue at this point.

What do you mean that you doubt that'll fix the issue if I reinstall the software?

I'm running the cart in http://localhost enviroment. My only concern with reinstalling the software is that I would probably have to set up authorize.net account again and hopefully nothing will happen with sales cart product links.
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Techno Geek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/07/05 at 10:14am
You're not using SalesCart on a live website environment, are you?

You can re-install the software but I doubt that'll fix the issue at this point.
Techno Geek
jason2004 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jason2004 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/07/05 at 10:05am
Just tried turning off Zone Alarm and NAV. Repeated the whole procedure again and still Sales cart toolbar is not loaded.

"Not loaded. A runtime error occured during the loading of the com add-in"
jason2004 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jason2004 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/07/05 at 9:48am

So the toolbar is not working? Try this: http://support.salescart.com/kb/KB-details.asp?key=5001

Hi,
Thank you for your reply. I really do appreciate it. I have followed all of the steps to reinstall Sales Cart toolbar but with no success.
What I see in COM Add Ins Panel is “A runtime error occurred during the loading of the com Add-In” and the SalesCartAddIn is unchecked. When I check it same thing happen.

Just a thought – firewall programs such as Zone Alarm and antivirus protection shouldn’t have nothing with it right?

How safe is to reinstall the Sales Cart Software? Is there going to be any damage to my existing files if I decide to reinstall software?

Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Techno Geek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/06/05 at 1:42pm
So the toolbar is not working? Try this: http://support.salescart.com/kb/KB-details.asp?key=5001
Techno Geek
jason2004 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jason2004 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/06/05 at 12:07pm
Hi,
The Sales Cart tab bar is not working inside front page (create sales cart web, add product link, help etc.)
Although when I go to “Insert Web Component”, I’m able to “Add Sales cart” product link.
What should I do? Reinstall Sales Cart? If I reinstall Sales Cart is it going to make damage to existing web site products links?
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic