Forum Home Forum Home > Legacy Products > SalesCart Standard / PRO / SQL
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedNo Shipping Selected Issue

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kent DeSautel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: No Shipping Selected Issue
    Posted: September/16/05 at 7:50am
When customers do not make a shipping selection the order does not get recorded as a new order. I do receive an email notification, but when I try to retrieve the order from the order management system the order does not show up.

I have tried changing my cgi-bin/shipping2.asp file so that the shipping selection is automatically selected... but it selects the last shipping in the list which ends up being the highest cost shipping option.
I would like it to select the first item in the list which would be the least costly shipping option.

Here is the link to my website
www.globalprintsupply.com

Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Kent

Techno Geek View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Evil monkey living in my closet!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Techno Geek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/26/05 at 11:34am
So do you want the cheapest option to be selected by default?
Techno Geek
Customer Support Engineer
ComCity and SalesCart Technical Support
jkc101 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jkc101 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/27/05 at 2:32pm
You can force the customer to select by clicking the last radio button on the shipping2.asp page and causing the Form Field Properites validation to "Require" a selection.

Just a thought....I could be wrong!

JKC
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Techno Geek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/27/05 at 7:08pm
You're right. And you can modify the SQL query to sort the shipping options too!
Techno Geek
Kent DeSautel View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kent DeSautel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/28/05 at 7:44am
Hello,

I tried your suggestion.... and it did select the last shipping option.... the only problem is that it selects the last shipping option in the list which is the most expensive.... I would like it to select the first shipping option in the list which is the cheapest.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Kent
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Techno Geek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/28/05 at 8:54am
Okay, so what you would now do is modify the SQL query and sort the prices by cost in to be displayed descending.

Change:
SQLStmt = SQLStmt & "ORDER BY Cost; "

to

SQLStmt = SQLStmt & "ORDER BY Cost DESC; "

That should do the trick.
Techno Geek
Kent DeSautel View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kent DeSautel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/28/05 at 3:41pm
That did the trick..... Thank You very much....

Kent
lertie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lertie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/21/05 at 10:03am
Well, it didn't work for us sadly...

The modified SQL sort tag put the UPS ground shipping at the top, but FedEx comes next sorted highest to lowest, and then the United Parcel Service options are listed next from highest to lowest.

Also, I do not see anywhere in Dreamweaver (Sales Cart Pro) to make a radio button required or automatically selected.
lleemon View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lleemon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/27/05 at 6:28am
This is not a solution for everyone but since we are using tablebased always we found this solution to select the free shipping, cost of 0 in the list.

This code is from /cgi-bin/shipping2.asp

<%     ' TABLEBASED
     If tablebased = "True" and freebased <> "True" Then
     i = 0
     Do While i<j%>
        <tr>
           <th width="4%" valign="top" align="left"><input type="radio" value="<%=theshipping(i,1)&";"&theshipping(i,2)&";"&thesh ipping(i,3)%>" name="shipping" <% if StrComp("0", theshipping(i,3)) = 0 Then %>checked<% End If%>></th>
           <th width="400" valign="top" align="left"><font size="2"><strong><font face="Arial"><%= shipdescription(i)%></font></strong></font ></th>
      </center>
    </center>
           <th width="10" valign="top" align="left"><font size="2" face="Arial"><strong>
             <p align="left"><%= shipcost(i)%></strong></font></th>
        </tr>
        <center>

<center>
<%     i=i+1
     Loop %>
        <tr>
           <!-- <th width="4%" valign="top" align="left" colspan="3">Charge my FedEx account# <input type="text" name="shipaccount" size="20"> listed under the name <input type="text" name="accountname" size="20"></th> -->
        </tr>
<%     End If %>

The main code is just checking to see if the cost of shipping is 0 then make the radiobutton checked for this item. If you had something that was always $30 and wanted that selected then replace the "0" with "30" and it should work.

<% if StrComp("0", theshipping(i,3)) = 0 Then %>checked<% End If%>

*Modify shipping2.asp at your own risk.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic