Forum Home Forum Home > Legacy Products > SalesCart Standard / PRO / SQL
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum Locked"responseXML" not working (NEW)

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wesonline Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: "responseXML" not working (NEW)
    Posted: September/14/05 at 4:03pm
I am in the process adding a HEAVY freight shipping service to our SalesCart shipping module. The shipping company I am using provides response in XML. I have created an ASP module that is being invoked by "shipping2.asp" and controlled by "shippingini" in the same manner as the supplied "UPS", "FedEX", "USPS" and "DHL" ASP modules. In fact my ASP module is quite similar to the "DHLreal.asp" module. However, instead of using the XML DOM property "responseText" to receive my response from the shipping company, I am attempting to use the XML DOM property "responseXML". This is because I know the reponse is in XML. MicroSoft's MSDN says if you know your response is in XML, use "responseXML" and not "responseText". When I run the application I get an error #438 "Object doesn't support this property or method". When I change it to "responseText" the application runs without error, but returns the response data as a text "string" with no XML tags. This is like worthless data. I am at a loss to understand why the XML DOM property "responseXML" dosen't work on my ComCity server. Anyone have any ideas?   
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic