Forum Home Forum Home > Legacy Products > SalesCart Standard / PRO / SQL
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedRemoval of an Expired Ship Service

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Big Bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Removal of an Expired Ship Service
    Posted: August/30/05 at 11:58am
I just started getting "The "shipservice" license has expired. Please notify the merchant of this error."
Since we are not going to renew the license for the Ship Service, I need to know how to remove it so we can get the web site back up & running without people getting this error screen.

Big Bear
Techno Geek View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Evil monkey living in my closet!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Techno Geek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/31/05 at 9:22am
Restore the shipping2.asp that comes with your SalesCart software.
Techno Geek
Customer Support Engineer
ComCity and SalesCart Technical Support
Big Bear View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Big Bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/31/05 at 4:48pm
Well... I tried what you suggested... replaced the shipping2.asp with the old file from before the addition of the shipping subscription. I did this from withing Front Page 2003 so I wouldn't screw up any links.
The web site has unfortunately gone from bad to worse. Customers now cannot add anything into the shopping cart at all & get "Sorry, you have no Items in your Shopping Cart !
" as an error.
Are you sure about your instructions on how to remove the Shipping subscription?
I tried to reinstall the olf file but it will no longer function either.

Big Bear
Techno Geek View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Evil monkey living in my closet!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Techno Geek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/01/05 at 10:11am
Well you are asking me for my technical expertise but you're second guessing the instructions that were given to you.

What indicated to you that the shipping2.asp would break the shopping cart connection string?

Did you just restore shipping2.asp?
Techno Geek
Customer Support Engineer
ComCity and SalesCart Technical Support
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic