Forum Home Forum Home > Legacy Products > SalesCart Standard / PRO / SQL
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedCan’t set the Session LCID to the....

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pyroblue Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Can’t set the Session LCID to the....
    Posted: March/30/04 at 6:24pm
Hey there, i get this error on my page at:
http://66.165.115.53/store/mall/productPage_cherryPitPacks.a sp

"Can't set the Session LCID to the value specified

Trying to set the Value to =
If value is Null, then you have no session"

i looked in the knowledge base, and all appears to have been setup correctly on my server's end. is there any other reason why i would get this error still?

ALSO, what is this used for? why do i need it? Could i just hack this out?

Thank you!!

kasey

Techno Geek View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Evil monkey living in my closet!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Techno Geek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/30/04 at 7:44pm
Sounds like the folder doesn't have Application Setting enabled. You'll want to turn it on the Store folder. Here is the kb article: http://support.salescart.com/kb/KB-details.asp?key=5141

All you have to do is just follow the directions in the knowledge base article.

Yes, you do need it. Any ASP or ASP .NET application will require the folder to be an application root. You can't hack it because it is part of IIS, it's a matter of enabling it
Techno Geek
Customer Support Engineer
ComCity and SalesCart Technical Support
pyroblue View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pyroblue Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/30/04 at 8:48pm
Ok, i got this message from them:

> > Kasey,
> >
> > We have made the store and the /store/mall folder an application.

(all of my files, like my cgi-bin and fpdb are inside the "store" directory) and this STILL doesnt work...what woudl you recommend? would ANYTHING else cause this error? Thanks will!
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Techno Geek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/31/04 at 8:56am
Is the global.asa file on your website within the store directory? It looks like it can't even create a session if the root application is enabled on that directory.
Techno Geek
pyroblue View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pyroblue Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/31/04 at 9:56am
Yeah, the global.asa is in my ROOT/store/ directory.... (root meaning the site root)...is there a problem with this?

Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Techno Geek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/31/04 at 12:20pm
well yeah :) The global has to be in the store directory because the global.asa file is refering to SalesCart.asa in the cgi-bin. So if there is no cgi-bin on the root /cgi-bin, then it's useless.

Global.asa needs to be under the /store folder, that way it refers to /store/cgi-bin/salescart.asa. Remember, the paths are all relative so you want to make sure that you keep the shopping cart files in the right hierarchy.

I hope this makes sense.
Techno Geek
pyroblue View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pyroblue Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/29/04 at 9:20am
I got this from my host:

==========================================
Kasey,

This isn't related to "Session variables". The error is:
Can't set the Session LCID to the value specified

This generally means in the code, where it's trying to set the LCID value, the variable it's trying to set it to is blank. I would suggest adding an IF condition so that if the variable is NOT blank, then set the LCID, otherwise, don't.

================================================

im startin to get really frustrated....i have the directory structure posted @ http://www.pyroblue.com/kc/cindysBoutiqueFileLayout.gif

what happens if i DONT set the LCID? just curious.

will, if i gave you the login and pass to my site...woudl you be willing to take a look at it?

thanks!

kasey
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Techno Geek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/29/04 at 10:12am
Sure, send me a PM and give me the username and password. I'll see what I can do.
Techno Geek
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic