Forum Home Forum Home > Legacy Products > SalesCart Standard / PRO / SQL
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedFEDEX Shipping Rates Wrong

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jkc101 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: FEDEX Shipping Rates Wrong
    Posted: August/19/05 at 4:23pm
I just noticed the Fedex rates are off. I tried to download an ascii file from them...and they don't offer that any longer.   

Now where can I get the correct zone chart?

Thanks!
Techno Geek View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Evil monkey living in my closet!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Techno Geek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/19/05 at 4:27pm
Yes, FedEx changes everything. We implemented the FedEx API with SalesCart NET only. There is no way to do this with the Standard, PRO or SQL versions now.
Techno Geek
Customer Support Engineer
ComCity and SalesCart Technical Support
jkc101 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jkc101 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/19/05 at 4:32pm
So...how do we PRO users update our zone info?
jkc101 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jkc101 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/24/05 at 12:02pm
The answer is.........

Edit the file yourself and enter the codes in that are in the pdf for your zone....manual....but it works!

The updated ANSWER is ........

Delete FEDEX from you list of options!
Don't forget to kill the generic FedEx records in the   Shipping DB or you'll end up with FedEx Economy @ $14 as the customers first option!

Thank's for the pointer on that Will!

Edited by jkc101
wesonline View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wesonline Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/15/05 at 3:29pm
I just read on Fedex site about their FEDEX Direct options. One is an API, which I assume TECHNO GEEK is refering to in his/her earlier post.

The following is copied directly from Fedex's web site:

"Communication can be established to send FedEx XML Requests to and receive FedEx XML Replies from the FedEx server by the following
methods:
• via a secure Hypertext Transfer Protocol (HTTPS) utilizing the FedEx Direct solution
• via the FedEx Ship Manager API solution"

SalesCart has apparently implemented the API method in SalesCartNet. SalesCart PRO's Fedex implementation appears be outdated(if not completly useless). Is SalesCart planning on providing a "usable" Fedex solution for PRO using the platform indepent XMLHTTPS or will that be a customer reponsibility to implement?   
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic