Forum Home Forum Home > Legacy Products > SalesCart NET
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedNeed help with .net configuration

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mrazlacy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Need help with .net configuration
    Posted: July/26/05 at 1:55am
I have a similar situation with the .net not working on other servers. I have access to all the server settings but am not sure what to change/ edit/etc. I saw this article about the pro version and am wondering if it applies to the .net version:

http://support.salescart.com/kb/KB-details.asp?key=5347

My error when implemeting the buy button is "That error means that the ASPNET user doesn’t have access to the website folder. This is a web host issue." (Will S.)

Any ideas on what I should change to remedy this? What are the right software packs?

Thanks

Edited by mrazlacy
Techno Geek View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Evil monkey living in my closet!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Techno Geek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/28/05 at 3:31pm
Well, let's see. What you have for the link is wrong. It isn't .NET related at all and while it may give you an idea of what permissions you need it will not help you figure your .NET error messages.

General Guidelines for .NET Setup on Windows 2003 Server: http://support.salescart.com/kb/KB-details.asp?key=5432

And what you reported to me was:

"Failed to start monitoring directory changes" error message when you browse to an ASP.NET page

Which I've indiciated is a permission issue. I am not making this up, I am merely relaying what is already documented:

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;Q317 955

or

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;Q316 721

Need more reinforcement of what I have above? Do a search on Google

.NET is not for the faintest of the heart. It takes a certain level of knowledge to get it up and running on a web server before you even attempt to run any application on there.

Now as a suggestion you can setup the security auditing (on all Failed events) on your server and you should be able to view the event failures. That should give you an idea of what the issue might be.

Also, the converstaion that you had with me was completely beyond our standard support terms and I was extending my professional courtesy to you.
Techno Geek
Customer Support Engineer
ComCity and SalesCart Technical Support
mrazlacy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mrazlacy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/29/05 at 3:01pm
Will, I agree, you went above and beyond. Thank you for that.

I simply asked if the link posted provided info that applied to the .net version as well.

Obviously I don't have the knowledge required to make the software work on another server. Neither did another hosting company I tried.
Andy View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/29/05 at 4:58pm
Mate,

Have you considered getting someone to set all this up for you?

It's quite easy to hire an experienced coder to help you set all kinds of things up.

You need a .NET expert and I know for a fact there are a stack of freelancers who could set your site up for you for not much $$'s.

If you've got the .NET version of salescart the price of getting a coder to help you will be neglible compared to your outlay on scart. If you wanna use Scart on other sites your freelancer can either create a detailed "how to" type document or maybe they can knock up some .NET graphical interfaces to help you work the site(s) in the future.

I'm going to go down the .NET route myself in the next few months cos it really does pay to keep up with changing web technologies.

The Silver lining for you is that when it's all set you will have a superb ecom site.

(I would post details of freelance sites here but it ain't strictly salescart related so just use google).

Hope you get everything sorted.

Cheers
Andy

Edited by Andy
Andy View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/18/05 at 2:52am
Mrazlacy,

How's things going? Have you had any joy getting your .NET site up and running?

If you are still having issues let me know- I might be able to put you in touch with a chap who should be able to help you out.

Cheers
Andy
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic