Forum Home Forum Home > Legacy Products > SalesCart Standard / PRO / SQL
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedInstallation errors - Run-time error ’68’

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote webfiend Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Installation errors - Run-time error ’68’
    Posted: June/27/05 at 11:24pm
I'm using SalesCart Pro5 with Dreamweaver MX 2004 and am having a problem with the installed path for Dreamweaver in the "Web Site General Properties" section under "Create" under the "SalesCart Main Menu".

I click on the Hourglass Folder icon next to the path to change from the default C: drive to the H: drive where I have Dreamweaver installed and get my first error message.

The first SalesCart Pro error message I receive says "Default Path does not Exist, Please specify a New Path". I press okay on the error pop-up window and I immediately get another message.

The 2nd error message reads "Run-time error '68': Device unavailable". When I press okay on that error pop-up window the SalesCart Pro window closes immediately.

I other words I am unable to change the default location where Salescart Pro is looking for dreamweaver. Now I have a product I can't even use. Can someone give me some advice. I would sure appreciate it.
Techno Geek View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Evil monkey living in my closet!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Techno Geek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/28/05 at 8:47am
Thats more than likely caused because the extension is looking for something on C drive.

I recommend that you submit a support ticket first... in the meanwhile you can try changing the Dreamweaver install path through the Registry Editor if you like.

Note: Be very careful when editing the registry and you proceeding at your own caution.

Go to Start > Run > Type Regedit and press enter > Go to HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\VB and VBA Program Settings\ComCity\SalesCart-PRO...

Double click the UltraDevInstall and you can change the Dreamweaver install path.

Did you make sure that you only went as far as Macromedia\Dreamweaver MX directory?
Techno Geek
Customer Support Engineer
ComCity and SalesCart Technical Support
webfiend View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote webfiend Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/28/05 at 1:36pm
Thank you Will,

I made the corrections in the registry as you suggested and now SaleCart Pro works perfectly fine.

Thanks again.....
Techno Geek View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Evil monkey living in my closet!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Techno Geek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/28/05 at 1:39pm
Excellent!
Techno Geek
Customer Support Engineer
ComCity and SalesCart Technical Support
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic