Forum Home Forum Home > Legacy Products > SalesCart Standard / PRO / SQL
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedProduct Manager Plug-In does not work

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Weasel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Product Manager Plug-In does not work
    Posted: May/26/05 at 10:40am
I have followed all the steps to add products to the Product Management Plug-in, but when I press "Add to Cart" I get this message -

Active Server Pages error 'ASP 0126'

Include file not found

/cgi-bin/checkpost.asp, line 17

The include file '../Connections/Products1.asp' was not found

I have tried several things, but have been unable to get this thing working. I seem to be missing the Connections folder and the Products.asp page that the program was supposed to create during installation.
For a product that is supposed to be used "without any programming knowlege" I sure cannot get anything in SalesCart to work without "programming knowlege" or without constantly having to ask for help! Easy this is not!
supposed
jula View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jula Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/26/05 at 4:29pm
Hi,
        Are you using dreamweaver or front page? It sounds like it didn't install properly. Have you tried reinstalling it?. Also did you make sure you saved to your root folder of your website?. It should create the folders in your website folder. If you have done all this, you could crate a folder in your website called Connections. Then create a asp page and copy this code into the page,

<%
' FileName="Connection_ado_conn_string.htm"
' Type="ADO"
' DesigntimeType="ADO"
' HTTP="true"
' Catalog=""
' Schema=""
Dim MM_Products1_STRING
MM_Products1_STRING = "DSN=your dsn; UID=your user name; PWD=your password;"
%>

You need to fill in your own DSN info, etc. Where i have writren Your dsn, your user name, and, your password. Save and upload.

Hope this helps.

Jula
Weasel View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Weasel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/27/05 at 7:08am
Thanks for the help, jula, I'll give it a try.
Weasel View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Weasel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/27/05 at 1:22pm
tried it. didn't work. help.
jula View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jula Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/29/05 at 9:36pm
hi are you using dreamweaver or front page
jula View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jula Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/29/05 at 10:04pm
you can also try this. Create a new empty folder that has nothing to do with your website in my documents or your wwwroot folder and call it what you wish, just remember what you call it. Then re-install the plug in, it will ask you if you want to overwrite it, click yes. Then when it ask's you where you want to install it select the folder you have just created, and continue.

When it has installed, open the folder you created and check to see if the Connections folder has been created. If it is there the plug in is working fine and you obvouisly saved it to the wrong location when you installed it to your web site. If it hasn't, then there is something wrong with the plug in and you should contact salescart to sort this out.

Hope this makes sense and helps you out

cheers Jula
Techno Geek View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Evil monkey living in my closet!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Techno Geek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/30/05 at 9:06am
Do this first. Go here: http://support.salescart.com/kb/KB-details.asp?key=5127

Download the latest version of checkpost.asp, then modify the file checkpost.asp and make sure that you comment out (add an apostrophe in the beginning of the line) either the FrontPage or Dreamweaver products database path since we don't know which one you're currently using.

So your code should look like this:

If you have Dreamweaver you should have:
'FrontPage products database path

'fpDBPath = Application("Products1_ConnectionString")

If you have FrontPage you should have:
'Dreamweaver products database path

'dwDBPath = "Driver={Microsoft Access Driver (*.mdb)};DBQ=" & Server.MapPath("/") & "/fpdb/products.mdb;"
Techno Geek
Customer Support Engineer
ComCity and SalesCart Technical Support
Weasel View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Weasel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/06/05 at 8:05am
Thanks guys for your help. I'll try these and let you know how it goes.
Weasel View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Weasel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/14/05 at 9:19am
I tried Will's solution and it seems to have worked, at least I'm not getting that error message, now. My server is now having problems so I will not know for sure if it worked until I get that resolved. Thanks for everyone's help! I'm using FrontPage, by the way.
Techno Geek View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Evil monkey living in my closet!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Techno Geek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/14/05 at 9:22am
Good deal!
Techno Geek
Customer Support Engineer
ComCity and SalesCart Technical Support
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic