Forum Home Forum Home > Legacy Products > SalesCart Standard / PRO / SQL
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedCounty Taxes pegged to state taxes?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote frankd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: County Taxes pegged to state taxes?
    Posted: March/15/05 at 1:55pm
In certain states sales taxes must be collected by county as well as state. For example Florida has a 6% rate but in addition tax must be collected for each county. Since there are many counties in the US with the same name how can the county taxes be pegged to a particular state? For example in florida there is a Baker county that has a 1% tax rate. This would be added to the FL tax rate of 6% to make an order taxed at 7%. However if I put in an order from another state where there are no taxes collected by county yet put in Baker the tax shows up. SInce county is part of the order a person may or may not fill it in.
Techno Geek View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Evil monkey living in my closet!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Techno Geek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/21/05 at 8:34am
You would need to do a small mod if you want the tax computed such that both the state and the county must match before a tax is figured.

Support can make a version of header.asp un-encoded available for you for free if you need it.
Techno Geek
Customer Support Engineer
ComCity and SalesCart Technical Support
frankd View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote frankd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/21/05 at 8:44am
That would be great if you could provide the mods to do that. I am using the order managment module for state code maintenance.
jimgub View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jimgub Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/21/05 at 12:08pm
I have this same issue.. Can you provide me the update as well.. I have Sales Cart Pro (for DW)

Thanks
Jim
frankl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote frankl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/27/06 at 11:28am
Hello,
How can I get the updated file? I have a client that needs the same configurations to the Nevada state and county tax code.

Any insight on the mod would be very helpful!

Thank you,
Brent

Edited by frankl
mikeb View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mikeb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/28/06 at 5:10pm
There is no mod. Well assuming you are using the most up to date version of the product...it already does this.

You need to turn both state/local taxes on as well as country/county taxes on via the wizard (or global.asa/salescart.asa file). Then you go and specify county tax rates for every county. The second tax rate uses country And county values to look up -- so make double sure there are no country tax rates set are you will be confused. You will find the county of Alameda set up originally as a default test case.

Then you may want to edit the county designator on the checkout system and add all your counties in there as a drop down list box instead of a simple text box. Also add a special one called something like "Outside Florida". Then define a special "Outside Florida" tax rate of zero. Beware that if you don't do this, folks must spell the "county" name exactly or they will be able to avoid the tax.   The only "real" purpose to collect county information is for tax purposes....it really does not matter if the person is not in your state what county they are in.

Edited by mike
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic