Forum Home Forum Home > Legacy Products > SalesCart Standard / PRO / SQL
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum Locked$0 totals and incorrect math

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vasco Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: $0 totals and incorrect math
    Posted: December/02/04 at 12:42pm
I am running into occassional issues with orders. I have one in the DB that shows orders totalling 55.40, $7 dollars in shipping, and a grand total of 25.95. Shipping is set for 0-25.99 for 7 dollars.

It looks like this---------------------

Order Details Quantity Item Description Price Discount Item Total Tax Sub Total

1 CB-ChasReceipts Charleston Receipts
Comment:    $ 18.95 0 % $ 18.95 $0.00 $18.95

1 benne16 16oz Benne Wafers
Comment:    $ 9.5 0 % $ 9.5 $0.00 $9.50

1 gullah-sssc Sassy Sues Shrimp Creole
Comment:    $ 7.95 0 % $ 7.95 $0.00 $7.95

2 'gullah-ads Artichoke Dippin Sauce
Comment:    $ 6.5 0 % $ 13 $0.00 $13.00

1 gullah-hdp Hush Dem Puppies
Comment:    $ 6 0 % $ 6 $0.00 $6.00
Order Summary
Shipping Cost: $ 7
Total Taxes: $ 0
Grand Total: $ 25.95

Any ideas? I also have an order for 0 items with 4 items choosen, but quantities and prices all showing 0. I don't know if this is related or not. I am running the Standard cart, IIS6, Wind 2003 server.

I am unable to replicate the error myself. All of my test orders go through fine.

Thanks in advance
Vasco View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vasco Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/02/04 at 1:29pm
I think the second part of the problem may be due to a refresh on the receipt2.asp page. At least the item in the knowledge base sounds like it.
Techno Geek View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Evil monkey living in my closet!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Techno Geek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/03/04 at 8:49am
That's exactly correct. The same issue happens on view1.asp but not on all order. Submit a support ticket and I'll send you the files that should take care of this issue.

The files that I send aren't part of the release. They were created for this reason but they treated as-is right now.
Techno Geek
Customer Support Engineer
ComCity and SalesCart Technical Support
Vasco View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vasco Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/10/04 at 8:37am
I am still getting a number of $0 dollar orders. I have put a message on receipt2.asp to please not refresh the page and the customers are saying they have not refreshed any pages.

I have not seen any more math errors since you sent the files (Thanks!).

Any suggestions?

Shipping Details:
Type: Ground
Service: UPS
Cost: $10
Account# :   
Name:   

Password:   
Mailing List: Yes
Gift Message: Merry Christmas

Order Details Quantity Item Description Price Discount Item Total Tax Sub Total

Comment:    $    0 % $ 0 $0.00 $0.00
Order Summary
Shipping Cost: $   
Total Taxes: $   
Grand Total: $   

IP Address Identifier:        & nbsp;         & nbsp;         & nbsp;         & nbsp;         & nbsp;   Order ID: 0

Edited by Vasco
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Techno Geek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/10/04 at 10:10am
Are you on a Windwos 2003 server? or Do you have FrontPage 2003?
Techno Geek
Vasco View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vasco Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/10/04 at 10:12am
Yes and yes, although I posted the pages via ftp instead of publishing them. The error is sporatic and I can't see any common issue.
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Techno Geek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/10/04 at 10:21am
That'll do it alright. It's definitely not a common issue but it seems to only happen with FP 2003 and Window 2003 server. We came up with a good way to fix most of the lost session and 0 order issues. Take a look here: http://support.salescart.com/kb/KB-details.asp?key=5338

Some of the steps mentioned actually needs to be done through the web server but if you have a good control panel (provided by your host), then you should be able to knock out the steps mentioned in the link above.
Techno Geek
Vasco View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vasco Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/10/04 at 10:39am
I've implemented the changes; the only one that had not already been done was moving to a dns connection rather than just calling it by directory. I'll let this fly for awhile and see what happens. Thanks again!

PS-I own the server, so I have a free hand for changes

Edited by Vasco
VPedofFancifuls View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VPedofFancifuls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/10/04 at 2:13pm
Hello Will,
    This has been an issue for me quite a while and I have never been able to duplicate it myself. I am using FP2000 on a FP2000 server and several time a week get what I call a blank order ( Its sent to me but there is no information on it ) I have also on rare occasions had an incorrect math issue and just recently have had 2 instances that the customer had "free shipping" appear on their order and thats just about impossible under normal surcumstances unless they ordered 999999999999999 worth of merchandise. I went so far as to upload a fresh shop database incase it had become corupted, but it didn't make any difference. My DB is in a seperate folder and set up much like the information on the 2003 server except I use cdonts of course. I always figured it was an old browser or someone trying to get cute with the DB when this happens. Is this not the case and you have a fix for some of it? I am using SCPRO 3.82
thanks
Vince

Vasco View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vasco Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/11/04 at 6:16pm
I'm afraid I am still having the $0 issue. I got another order today. If it is a refresh or back button issue, is there a bit of meta-code that would disable these functions? I guess I could have the entire cart running in a window without task bar, but this would not disable keystroke options (F5). I am not looking forward to re-coding for a window, but...

Little help, anyone
Vasco View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vasco Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/12/04 at 5:11pm
I've been doing some digging. The order is there; if I click on edit, the items are in place (although it is time consuming to flip through the items.) I looked in the database in the orders table. The only thing I could find amiss was the grand total was 0. I manuallu corrected it, so the total now shows up, but all items are still at 0 and no order number shows (it does have one in the database) The issue almost looks like the order page is not fully rendered or some other db item is missing.
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Techno Geek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/14/04 at 9:36am
Originally posted by Vasco Vasco wrote:

I'm afraid I am still having the $0 issue. I got another order today. If it is a refresh or back button issue, is there a bit of meta-code that would disable these functions? I guess I could have the entire cart running in a window without task bar, but this would not disable keystroke options (F5). I am not looking forward to re-coding for a window, but...

Little help, anyone

$0 in the email? Was is a confirmed order? Or just a blank email with blank order information?
Techno Geek
Vasco View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vasco Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/14/04 at 9:41am
This is in the order section of the order management plugin. So I guess tes, the order was confirmed. All other info is there of the customer (name, address, credit card, etc) but each item is blank with a 0 quantity and a 0 total. Shipping is being calculated correctly, but then does not show up in the total.
jimgub View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jimgub Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/27/04 at 5:48am
I too am experiencing $0 orders... we receive an email confirmation that the order has been received, with a subtotal for individual line items, but the overall order total is $0...

This is an on-going problem and seems to happen weekly... one of the support techs indictqaed that the session time-out may need to be adjusted on our server? will KB #5347 help?

Jim
JTumbo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JTumbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/04/05 at 9:21am
Has anyone completely resolved this $0.00 Order Total issue?? I receive 100's of orders a week and about 10% of the orders I receive show free shipping (Which is impossible the way I have it set up) and a $0.00 order total. Additionally it does not charge their credit card / Paypal. Now today I have received an order with an incorrect total. If you add the items up, it equals $70.90 but it charged him $82.90. All of these errors seem to be exactly what you all are talking about above. Please help as this is really becomming draining on our customer service!

I am hosted through ComCity with business windows hosting and am running Dreamweaver MX version of SalesCart Pro.
UpstateGirl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UpstateGirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/05/05 at 10:53am
Having the same problem. Order email comes in with all information but the grandtotal is $0. All information on the order is captured in the database but the order can not be pulled up through the online order maintenance because of the $0. It is treated as an abandoned order. The grandtotal does not appear on the shopping cart receipt2.asp page during the order so it is not being passed to the DB. Any help on this is greatly appreciated.
jimgub View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jimgub Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/31/05 at 1:52pm
I can only say that I too have been having the problem with 0 order totals for a while.. (It's a least comforting that misery loves company).. I was instructed to download the very latest shopping cart files (cgi-bin) from this website and have done so.. i.e. get the absolute latest version of files.. it seems to have reduced the occurences of the 0 order stuff, at least for now.. I'm using Sales Cart Pro, Dreamweaver version..

Jim
drafting View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote drafting Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/24/05 at 10:50am
I have also been having problems with only partial orders coming through. I can not duplicate it myself so I do not know what is causing the problem. It is happening more often and as stated above is not good for customer service. Does anyone have any ideas?
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic