Forum Home Forum Home > Legacy Products > SalesCart Standard / PRO / SQL
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedConvert to SQL 2000 Server

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dremer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Convert to SQL 2000 Server
    Posted: November/29/04 at 9:13pm
I have the SalesCart Pro 5.0 that uses MS Access as the database. I want to convert away from MS Access to SQL 2000 server. What changes do I need to make to the webpages/database to get it to work properly? Please don't say purchased the SalesCart SQL version

Thanks for your help
Dave
Techno Geek View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Evil monkey living in my closet!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Techno Geek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/29/04 at 9:18pm
You don't have to purchase the SQL version if you don't want to. That entitles you to no support when your SalesCart PRO doesn't work with the SQL database :)

You use the Access Upsize wizard to convert your Access database to an SQL backup file, then restore the backup file, then make sure that your ASP files are looking at the SQL databases. That means you setup an ODBC data source, point it to your SQL database, then modify your SalesCart connector (either global.asa or salescart.asa) to look at that DSN.

Hope this helps...
Techno Geek
Customer Support Engineer
ComCity and SalesCart Technical Support
dremer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dremer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/29/04 at 9:45pm
Will -
I already upsized the access database to SQL database. Under Frontpage 2002, I added the sql database under tools\web settings\database tab. When I go to view1.asp I get 10 items in the shopping cart, but I cannot delete items or checkout. The global.asa is pointing to the sql database. Is there something I'm missing

Thanks
Dave
Techno Geek View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Evil monkey living in my closet!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Techno Geek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/30/04 at 8:18am
10 items but you can't remove them? That almost sounds like a database permission issue.
Techno Geek
Customer Support Engineer
ComCity and SalesCart Technical Support
dremer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dremer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/30/04 at 7:19pm
I believe it is a database issue when I upsized it to SQL. Do you guys have .sql file that I can use to import/create a new Shop database using Query Analyzer tool.

Thanks
Dave
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic