Forum Home Forum Home > Legacy Products > SalesCart Standard / PRO / SQL
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedTransaction information does not appear

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UpstateGirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Transaction information does not appear
    Posted: March/21/04 at 1:04pm
After completing 1 successful transaction additional transactions do not display any information on the confirm or receipt pages. The transaction information is captured in shop.mdb. If I reupload global.asa the shopping cart again will complete 1 transaction completely and then will not display information on subsequent orders.
Techno Geek View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Evil monkey living in my closet!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Techno Geek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/21/04 at 1:07pm
Are you by any chance using Frontpage 2003? or are you on Windows 2003 server?
Techno Geek
Customer Support Engineer
ComCity and SalesCart Technical Support
UpstateGirl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UpstateGirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/21/04 at 1:31pm
Yes.
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Techno Geek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/21/04 at 1:45pm
Originally posted by UpstateGirl UpstateGirl wrote:

Yes.

KB Article #5338

KB Article #5316 (takes care of the Windows 2003 email functionality)

KB Article #5385

As long as you make sure that you follow the instructions in the links above your cart will work with Windows 2003 and FrontPage 2003.
Techno Geek
UpstateGirl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UpstateGirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/21/04 at 2:10pm
Thanks Will, I did follow the directions and in a couple of minutes that problem was gone. On to the next one!
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Techno Geek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/21/04 at 2:14pm
Happy to hear that
Techno Geek
mikem View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mikem Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/07/04 at 5:19pm
Is that the only way to get salescart to run on windows server 2003? Because my hosting company says they don't support DSN's. I was having that exact problem but I recreated the entire web and reposted and for some reason it worked ok. Except we kept getting this email about a security alert that referred to "the correct path" to our database. It looked like this:

> This is an automated response sent from SalesCart
>
> Security Error: The path to the products database is invalid. Open
> checkpost.asp and change fpDBPath (for FrontPage) or dwDBPath (for
> Dreamweaver) to a valid database path.
>
> Order Number: 73
> Item Number: 1714
> Posted Price: 2.49
> Actual Price: 0
>
> Posting URL: http://www.claycompany.com/mall/ProductPageTools2.asp
> Browser: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; AOL 9.0; Windows NT 5.1;
> FunWebProducts; .NET CLR 1.0.3705; .NET CLR 1.1.4322)
> Server: www.claycompany.com

was this error due to the fact that My host doesn't support DSN's. Is there any other way around this, We are fairly well situated with our host as of right now and it would be a hassle to switch companies, not to mention reissue the SSL cert.
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Techno Geek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/07/04 at 5:27pm
Techno Geek
mikem View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mikem Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/07/04 at 5:37pm
Ok, but what about the other problem (the same one upstate girl was having at the begining of this topic)? is there any way to fix that without using a DSN because my hosting company doesn't support them?
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Techno Geek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/08/04 at 9:06am
I'm not certain if there is another way around this. The problem is that Windows 2003 keeps losing the connection string in the session so the order timesout. There are two way of connecting to a database, with a DSN and without (map path). Connecting to a database without the DSN works on all other versions of Windows but 2003.
Techno Geek
mickyB View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mickyB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/09/04 at 8:47am
Will Sani already solved the topic problem to me:

KB 5393

mickyB View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mickyB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/14/04 at 9:15am
I can confirm KB 5393 solve the "will complete 1 transaction completely and then will not display information on subsequent orders" on SalesCart Pro with Frontpage XP as UpstateGirl requested.

I'm glad to be into this forum to help each other.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic