Forum Home Forum Home > Legacy Products > SalesCart Standard / PRO / SQL
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedCheckout problems

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Monomni Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Checkout problems
    Posted: May/19/04 at 8:01am
OK, well calling tech support has done us no good, so hopefully someone here will help me with these issues:

1) We can't get rid of the flat shipping rate option in the checkout process. Anytime we turn it off in salescart.asa, everything breaks. Also tried replacing the cgi-bin/shipping folder with new clean copy, and everything broke.

2) We're not getting any rates back from USPS, even though it's turned on and user/pass are also included in shippingini.xml

3) We've been getting "security error" emails about duplicate product ID's etc. I turned security error emails off in checkpost.asp since I have no idea why this problem occurs in every cart (something in shop1.asp?)...

Thanks
Techno Geek View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Evil monkey living in my closet!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Techno Geek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/19/04 at 9:40am
Originally posted by Monomni Monomni wrote:

OK, well calling tech support has done us no good, so hopefully someone here will help me with these issues:

1) We can't get rid of the flat shipping rate option in the checkout process. Anytime we turn it off in salescart.asa, everything breaks. Also tried replacing the cgi-bin/shipping folder with new clean copy, and everything broke.

2) We're not getting any rates back from USPS, even though it's turned on and user/pass are also included in shippingini.xml

3) We've been getting "security error" emails about duplicate product ID's etc. I turned security error emails off in checkpost.asp since I have no idea why this problem occurs in every cart (something in shop1.asp?)...

Thanks

1. There is something that I'm missing here. I haven't been able to re-produce the issue on my own Dreamweaver version. I am running version 5.x

2. Did you call USPS and ask them to move your account to the production server?

3. Can't be shop1. Did you make sure that you added the path.asp include to your ASP pages?
Techno Geek
Customer Support Engineer
ComCity and SalesCart Technical Support
Monomni View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Monomni Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/19/04 at 12:20pm
OK, the flat rate shipping option is at the very top of the options... I've changed the name to "Pre Arranged Pickup" so that people won't all automatically go for the free "Flat Shipping." The only other options on the page are UPS.

USPS has checked the account setup several times and yes, it's on a production server. Their server is not even receiving any rate requests from the cart.

I've added the path.asp include to the product detail page (the only page that uses product links/add to cart) and I have changed the checkpost file back to allow error emails. This might have been a fluke while we were swapping files around and troubleshooting some merchant account problems... I hope.
Monomni View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Monomni Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/26/04 at 5:22pm
I STILL need answers for this stuff...
We can't turn off the flat order shipping without killing
the checkout pages and we're not getting any USPS
rates. USPS is not even getting rate requests from the
cart...

:^(
Monomni View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Monomni Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/07/04 at 12:11am
We still need answers for these problems! I finally gave up on the security email issue and turned those off. The SalesCart Knowledge Base fix didn't help at all, go figure.

We STILL aren't getting USPS rates. The USPS server isn't even getting request for rates.

Anybody??
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic